“We don’t have a drug diversion problem here.”
Really? Ask yourself:
- How well do you know the intricacies of DEA and state regulations for preventing drug diversion?
- Are you skilled in the multiple recordkeeping requirements you face as a DEA registrant?
- Are you sure your recordkeeping procedures – and existing data – are accurate and current?
- How well is your facility protected?
Are your security/intrusion detection systems up-to-date and functional?
- When was the last time you checked the security of your drug wasting and destruction systems?
- Did you complete a background check and drug screening for each employee?
- Are your records readily retrievable and easily understood?
- When was your last controlled substances audit?